the final scene to come...
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Johnsville Trail
This is the beginning of the trail for Johnsville Cemetry Trail... yes, we start at a cemerty. Although it is creepy to park and hike a trail next to cemetry we felt like it sould be worth it. The trail book we have says that it was a moderate hike, saying it would be classified as easy if the trail wasn't so steep. Here's the beginning of the trail... it's steep. We thought while walking it should have been classified as moderate to difficult... shale and loose rocks make it more difficult to hike. But it was a heck of a lot easier on the way up.
Darlene said the hike better be worth it with the way the hike was down. Well, here's the first swimming hole we came across... we decided just to stay here since it was easy access... just a rope climb down...
Here's a pic from the end of the rope.
The kids absloutly loved it. There was a deep part and a shallow part. The kids we fine to be in the shallow part, it was never up to their knees. They spent the time throwing rocks into the water... Bren is learning to skip them.
Apparently Keith took these pictures of my dad at the higher up water hole. It was very nice. But they ended up joining us in the big on later.

This is me testing the deepness of the water. I didn't think it was deep enough to jump from the log...
so I decided to swim to the other side.
I held up my end of the bargin with Keith and jumped in... boy it was cold as ice. But once I was in I did not want to leave. And yes the kids ended up jumping from that same spot many times. I have to say Kaleigh did it with a lot less crying and whining.
Here is Keith hours later building up the dam. Keeping it nicer for the next group of people. Hopefully the next day we go it will be deeper (and warmer...lol). Oh side note... Keith and my dad grabbed logs from the area behind Keith and to the left... the giant log they moved to hold the dam ended up being on top of a beehive... Luckily he did not get stung. Just jumped in the water as fast as he could and I ran for dry land across the pond. It was nice the girls watched the boys build the dam. Brended wants everyone to know he did the most work.
We finally stopped for candy and some down time from building and swimming and jumping. Here is grandpa with his girls.
and here's Nana with her Boy! doesn't my dad look jealous in the background.
There's my hubby looking all freezing...lol

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a fun, beautiful trip.
I'm glad you're joining the competition. Send me an email at healthycompetition@gmail.com
Then I can send you my address and you can send me the cash.
Hey River! Janna's been telling me about you, Sorry that things aren't going too well. Hang in there. Thanks for your post on my blog. How did you find it?
Wow! Those hikes and lakes and lots of nature look SO inviting! You got great pictures too! I can't believe how grown up your kids are! So are you and Keith ever going to make it back out to Utah?!
Post a Comment