Sunday, September 28, 2008

Why I love Primary.

Sorry no photos yet again.  But good reason.  Today was the Primary Program for our ward.  I totally love the Primary Program because it's so wonderful to see those kids up there.  I just was at a loss sitting down watching the kids set up this time to realize, my son is up there too.
Let me back up a little.  This morning I woke up and did my normal morning off routine; workout, shower, breakfast, and some serious studying.  Today I let myself sleep in a little late so I was a little off and to my surprise Brenden woke up a full 30 min early on his own.  I asked him what was up, to my surprise his response was "I'm going to talk into the microphone today at church."  Followed by him clearing his throat.  Which he does whenever he "reads" the scriptures or gives a talk during FHE.  It's very cute to watch him imitate the older men of the ward.  Well, He got dressed in his full suit and his Capt. Moroni tie, and missionary tag.  He kept telling me he was ready to give his talk (all of one line).  Keith had talked with Aimie the primary president and since Brenden is the only Sunbeam in our ward, and there is no teacher, he would just go up at his time and talk.  When Bishop Park introduced the Primary, Brenden stood up fixed his tie and said "Bye, mommy."  I realized he is human, once he got to the stand.  He sat up there in his seat obviously terrified.  He wouldn't lift his head.  He kept his head down and looked at us once in a while.  Aimie so lovingly talked to him for a moment and he brightened up.  Whatever she said I'm truly grateful.  He wasn't too familiar with the music picked out for the program, but he just smiled up there.  Finally it was his turn.  He slowly walked up and did the exact opposite of what he had done practicing for this.  Aimie bent over to help but before she could say anything he screamed as loud as he could, and as fast as he could "I WILL FOLLOW THE PROPHET."  At once the entire congregation began to sing the beautiful hymn.  
I am so grateful for my wonderful son, and all that he does to remind me he is more than I could have asked for.  On his way to class he felt so special as lots of people shook his hand and congratulated him on his job well done.  But that's my amazing Sunbeam... on his way to CTR.  He can't stop telling me how happy he is to be moving on in Primary.  Yea!  We are happy.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is so cute! Hi River!

Janna G said...

Very Funny, I can picture the whole thing!